Swachh Manch is a digital platform where citizens can come together, learn from peers, get e-learning certificates, create and participate in volunteering opportunities and share success stories and best practices to learn from the platform. It involves and acknowledges the efforts all the stakeholders of society like citizens, ULBs, corporates, educational institutes etc. It ensures that citizens can come together to Learn, Act and Inspire
• It allows all stakeholders to create volunteering events and campaigns with photographs and locations and share the same to invite friends/colleagues via channels like social media, email etc. to volunteer for the opportunity created.
• This platform serves as a tool to monitor the citizen participation across cities and also give rank to citizens based on their participation and active engagement
• It also allows organizers to seek the support for specific events which may require necessary support/approvals from ULB.
• Swachh Manch has specific page for all the stakeholders like ULB, State, Ministries, Organizations, NGOs, CSOs etc. showcasing their contribution in Swachh Bharat.
• It gives a platform to all the Swachhagrahis to showcase their involvement and work at the national level
In the current version, Swachh Manch has focused on creating a volunteering platform. However, it is also envisaged to have a platform for discussion supported by e-Learning videos and a module within this national platform for sharing best practices, experiences related to Swachh Bharat Mission to actively engage citizens. This platform has been integrated with the existing platform of Swachh City and allows the existing users of Swachhata App to directly become a part of it.
To take the citizen engagement to next level where citizens can contribute more actively by volunteering towards cleaner neighbourhoods with support of their municipal corporations MoHUA entered into another non-financial MoU with Janaagraha on 1st Februray 2018.